Threat Analyst Ken Abramowitz is author of “The Multifront War”
Editor: Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, President, American Center for Democracy (ACD)
See the sources for this article and more research in the Additional Reading section.
ESG INVESTING PRETENDS TO BE NOBLE, BUT IS FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED – KEN’S THOUGHT OF THE WEEK
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
Environment, Social, Governance (ESG) investing is ‘in’ for ‘socially responsible investors’, but what are they missing?
Over the past five years, Environment, Social, Governance (ESG) investing for the ‘socially responsible investors’ has gained considerable traction among stock market money managers. Most major companies are tracked by various accounting firms and given rating scores accordingly. Corporations are rated on:
- Environment issues, including carbon emissions, toxic emissions, and water management, among others.
- Social issues, including human capital development, employee health and safety, product safety, and labor management, among others.
- Governance issues, including board and management compensation oversight, accounting quality, and business ethics, among others.
Although these are noble goals, the scores are deceiving because the number one issue that should be scored is missing. The crucial issue to be considered in evaluating an American company is the corporation’s loyalty to the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Is the corporation abiding by these guiding principles? If not, the current ESG score is counter-productive and hostile to free enterprise.
We at Save The West have compiled a list of the fourth category that must be added to ESG to make it relevant. We propose to add the category of compliance with the Constitution, thus updating the concept by advocating for ‘ESGC’.
Here are 10 examples of the new ESGC investing strategy:
1) Loyalty to the First Amendment, guaranteeing freedom of speech and protection from the Maoist Cancel Culture; Protection of freedom of religion; Zero tolerance for anti-Semitic or anti-Christian propaganda; Zero charitable contributions to anarchist organizations like Antifa or Marxist organizations like BLM.
2) Loyalty to the Second Amendment, guaranteeing the right to bear arms for self-defense, thus providing protection from both local and federal government that tries to take away law-abiding citizens’ right to own guns, and enables them to protect themselves from a tyrannical government.
3) Loyalty to the Tenth Amendment, guaranteeing States’ rights and control over most local governance issues, such as election law.
4) Loyalty to the Fourteenth Amendment, guaranteeing equal protection under the law, and ensuring that those accused are held innocent until proven guilty.
5) Loyalty to the belief that all men are created equal, thereby forbidding discrimination against anyone loyal to the Constitution. Zero tolerance for racist Critical Race Theory. Zero tolerance for child abuse in the name of ‘gender fluidity’.
6) Loyalty to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, guaranteeing government protection of these three unalienable rights, which the Declaration of independence says were given to all human beings by the creator. No tolerance for defunding the police. No tolerance for Communist/Marxist/Islamist peer pressure to restrict freedoms. No tolerance for excessive business regulations and punitive taxation.
7) One person = one vote. And only by legal citizens, thus guaranteeing the full inclusion of all proper voters. No tolerance for states that do not mandate voter IDs and signature verification.
8) The federal government must protect each state from outside invasion, thus guaranteeing strict national border controls over illegal migrant/refugee invasions.
9) Any criminal fleeing justice from one state to another must be returned to the original state for prosecution. The lawless sanctuary cities and states must be banned.
10) Aiding our enemies, such as Iran and North Korea, should be considered an act of treason and the offender must be prosecuted accordingly.
Under the current, flawed ESG rules, companies like Apple, Alphabet, Facebook, Twitter, and others might rate well. However, all have restricted the freedom of speech of conservative voices who profess their allegiance to the Constitution. In addition, numerous other major corporations have violated the Constitution in numerous other ways:
- Major banks, such as CitiCorp and BankAmerica, have restricted loans to stores that sell guns and the companies that manufacture them;
- PayPal, Mastercard, and Visa have restricted payments to patriotic organizations who believe in Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, but allow payments to anti-American and even terror organizations;
- Disney has allowed China to dictate the content and message in the production of their movies and has restricted any content that might offend the Chinese Communist Party (CCP);
- Comcast and other cable companies restrict access to constitutionally-loyal and conservative news outlets;
- Coca-Cola and Delta punished the state of Georgia for rightly insisting on voter IDs in future elections.
Under our new proposed ESGC ratings, these hypocritical companies will fall dramatically in rankings for their bigotry and violation of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
The ESGC concept should be adopted immediately so that American corporations do not submit to the Biden administration’s lawless pressures. We expect American corporations to adhere to the Constitution and Bill of Rights and be loyal to America. Starting now!
What Is ESG Investing? – Forbes Advisor
Cancel Culture: Tool of the Maoists – Minding The Campus
Banks Discriminating Against Guns: Free Market Still Works | National Review
In China’s film industry, the Communist Party is in the director’s chair | PBS NewsHour
Democrats Send Insane Letter to Cable Carriers and Big Tech, Demanding a Ban on Conservative Media by Katie Pavlich
Delta, Coca-Cola blast home state Georgia’s voting restrictions as ‘unacceptable’