Editor: Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, President, American Center for Democracy (ACD)
See the sources for this article and more research in the Additional Reading section
Quote of the Week:
The Lessons of Kristallnacht – Ken’s Thought of the Week
Kristallnacht (Night of Broken Glass), the pogrom against the Jewish population in Germany and Austria that occurred on November 9, 1938, was allegedly a ‘spontaneous’ revenge for the assassination of a German diplomat in Paris by a Polish Jewish teenager. In reality, Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi Reich’s Minister of Propaganda, encouraged Hitler’s supporters to take to the streets in a violent anti-Semitic frenzy. In the first 48 hours, more than 1,000 synagogues were burned, 7,500 Jewish businesses were looted, Jewish hospitals, schools, homes, and cemeteries were vandalized. Fire companies were instructed to let the buildings burn, and the police were ordered to arrest the Jewish victims. More than 30,000 Jewish males (16 to 60 years old) were rounded-up and sent to concentration camps.
Although the first wave of anti-Semitic legislation crafted by the Nazis began in 1933, limiting the participation of Jews in German and Austrian public life, Kristallnacht marked the violent beginning of the Nazi regime’s war against the Jews. It culminated with the ‘final solution‘ – mass executions and the brutal murder of six million Jews of all ages in Nazi gas chambers.
Kristallnacht happened suddenly, although warning signs of the Nazi Regime’s virulent anti-Semitic propaganda and policies against the Jews were plentiful. Yet, many, including Jews, either turned a blind eye to the worsening persecutions or excused it as a temporary political necessity.
Anti-Semitism, often called anti-Zionism, has been growing at an unprecedented rate around the world, including the United States, and in international organizations, such as the United Nations. When anti-Semitism goes unpunished, it always leads to violence against Jews first, and then also against Christians. This must stop now!
In the US today:
1) The Democrat party has supported the election of a group of six openly anti-Semitic, anti-Israel, anti-Constitution, and anti-Bill of Rights, radical “progressives,” to Congress. The group is known as the ‘Squad’ and includes Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), Rashida Tlaib (D- MI), Jamaal Bowman (D-NY), and Cori Bush (D-MO).
2) The Democrat party has become systemically anti-Semitic by tolerating anti-Semitic and anti-Israel declarations by its members.
3) The Biden administration is becoming systemically anti-Semitic, as evidenced by its stated goal to create a Palestinian state…. and whose leadership endorses and financially rewards terrorism against the Jewish State.
4) The Biden administration goal is to return to Obama’s very-bad deal, , known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), that allows and enables Iran’s nuclear weapons and ICBM development.5) The Biden administration is demanding that Israel stop construction of new homes for its citizens in Judea/Samaria, while allowing unrestrained Arab building, even though the land belongs to the Jews, who have been living in Judea/Samaria for at least 3,800 years.
6) The Biden administration wants to establish a consulate for the Palestinians in Eastern Jerusalem, even though such action would violate U.S. law, and infringe on Israel’s sovereignty.
7) The Biden administration recently renewed funding to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) for millions of so-called Palestinian refugees, even though this UN agency has been illegally taken over by Hamas, which the U.S. has designated as a terrorist group. Hamas indoctrinates Arab children to hate Jews, Israel, and the U.S., and launches deadly attacks regularly. The Biden Administration also recently did not veto the U.N. resolution that approves the Palestinian ‘refugees’’ demand of their ‘right to return’ to Israel, 73 years after losing the war against Israel’s independence, when their families left the new Jewish state for neighboring Arab countries.
8) The Biden administration doesn’t seem to consider anti-Semitic/anti-Israel statements in the American education system as ‘hate-speech’. When it comes to Israel, it supports teaching false Palestinian narratives, together with Critical Race Theories (CRT) in the K-12 school setting, at the university level, in the defense forces, and in all other government agencies.
9) The Biden administration’s shameful withdrawal from Afghanistan has demoralized the American military and undermined its deterrence power throughout the world, thus failing all U.S. allies, including Israel.
10) During the Antifa and BLM riots, which began in the summer of 2020, the Democrat leadership never called for the FBI to investigate these rogue organizations or arrest their leadership, even after they purposely targeted Jewish businesses in Los Angeles and elsewhere.
11) The Biden Administration has yet to honor its contract to replenish Israel’s Iron Dome defense system, which has successfully protected Israeli civilians from the barrage of Hamas rockets aimed at Israel’s cities.
12) The Biden administration has withdrawn U.S. support for expanding the Abraham Accords to other neighboring Arab, which would bring peace and prosperity to Israel and the Sunni Muslim Arab countries throughout the region.
Although the behavior of the Biden administration and the Democrat party are not openly discriminatory against Jews, their covert discrimination could lead to fomenting violence against Israel and more than six million Jews in America. The acceleration of anti-Semitic attacks makes one wonder whether the ‘progressive’ Biden is himself against Jews or the Jewish State of Israel. Anti-Semitism/anti-Zionism is visible and tolerated. Inaction against anti-Semitism could lead to fomenting violence against Jews. The acceleration of anti-Semitic attacks makes one wonder whether the ‘progressive’ Biden administration and the radicalized Democrat Party would stop a Kristallnacht from happening in America.
Kristallnacht | Holocaust Encyclopedia – Encyclopedia.ushmm.org
The Holocaust | The National WWII Museum – New Orleans – NationalWW2Museum.org
Antisemitic Legislation 1933–1939 – Holocaust Encyclopedia – Encyclopedia.ushmm.org
Anti-Semitism Grows In Democratic Party – Frank Vernuccio
Biden appoints two more anti-Semites – Heritage Florida Jewish News
Why Returning to the JCPOA Is a Dangerous Mistake – The Heritage Foundation
Biden-Kerry Demands at AIPAC – Israel National News
Biden gives UNRWA $135m. after agency condemns anti-Israel hatred – The Jerusalem Post
US Broken Promise: Congress Shoot Down $1B Emergency Aid to Replenish Israel’s Iron Dome | The Jewish Press – JewishPress.com | Hana Levi Julian | 16 Tishri 5782 – September 21, 2021 – JewishPress.com