Time to Remember President Reagan’s Shining City on the Hill – Ken’s Thought of the Week
Editor: Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, President, American Center for Democracy (ACD)
Quote of the Week:
Ronald Reagan, the 40th president of the U.S. (1981-1989), was the greatest president of the past 100 years. He was a great communicator, as evidenced by his many famous quotes, such as these:
1) “America is, and always will be, a shining city on a hill”.
2) “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction”.
3) “Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem”.
4) “Either you will control your government or government will control you”.
5) “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to”.
6) “Our Constitution is a document in which We the People tell the government what it is allowed to do”.
7) “A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation”.
Is President Reagan’s vision of America as “the shining city upon the hill,” still relevant?
How does the Biden administration measure up to President Reagan’s ideals?
Is the Biden administration honoring the U.S. Declaration of Independence? The Constitution? Bill of Rights? Rule of Law? Equal protection under the law? Judeo/Christian moral values? Independent military? Pride in our flag? Pride in our national anthem? Pride in our history? And pride in America’s exceptionalism?
Would President Reagan be proud of us today? Sadly, no.
Our Constitution is being ignored by the current administration. Judeo-Christian morality is being replaced by ‘woke’ nonsense. Professional football players refuse to stand for the national anthem of the least racist country in the history of the world.
Teachers are falsifying our history. Illicit drugs are flowing through our open southern border and killing more than 100,000 young people annually. More than two million illegal immigrants from some 120 countries, whose identities, background, and health are unknown, have been allowed to enter the country in 2021 alone. The Biden administration even provided them with transportation, paid for by U.S. taxpayers, to their preferred destination in the country.
American laws, values, and culture are under attack.
What should we do?
- We must insist on our freedom of expression and then join together to fight censorship and the “cancel culture.”
- We must recall all “soft-on-crime” District Attorneys. We must demand that we re-fund the police. We must demand the enforcement of laws that protect our ‘quality of life’.
- We must remove the tax-exempt status of NGOs that promote politics instead of education.
- We must regain control over the education our children receive in K-12 schools, and colleges and universities.
- Instead of dumbing down our children, we must raise their level of challenge. We must continuously teach our students about civics and the U. S. Constitution.
- We must better convey the Judeo-Christian values on which our nation was founded.
- We must ensure that textbooks in our schools do not contain any woke information, such as Critical Race Theory and gender identity choice.
- We must encourage and fund school choice and charter schools, as well as homeschooling, as reasonable alternatives to failing public schools.
- We must enshrine a Student Bill of Rights, guaranteeing the teaching of knowledge, instead of propaganda.
- We must make it easier for parents to challenge the power of local school boards and teachers’ unions.
- We must teach students how to think, not what to think.
- We must immediately close our southern border with Mexico.
- States must strengthen voter integrity through photo IDs and proof of citizenship, and the elimination of mail-in voting and ballot harvesting.
- We must strengthen and fully fund our military.
Time is not in our favor. We must join together to rid ourselves of Biden’s woke regime and fight to replace it with a leadership that could resurrect America as “the shining city upon the hill”. We need to get going now!