By Jon Sutz, Editor, SaveTheWest.com.
How far will The Huffington Post go to legitimize and whitewash Palestinian terrorists, dehumanize their Jewish victims, and incite hatred against Israel?
Below is the master trailer for the documentary; more trailers are located here:
The Huffington Post is one of the world’s most popular and influential news websites, with nearly 130 million monthly readers from its 15 international editions. Since HuffPost’s debut in 2005, Arianna Huffington, its Editor-In-Chief, has publicly insisted that it is not partisan in any way:
“The editorial stance of the Huffington Post is to debunk the right-left way of thinking, which has become completely obsolete.”
“Too many reporters have forgotten that the highest calling of journalists is to ferret out the truth, consequences be damned.”
“[We] are increasingly seen as an Internet newspaper, not positioned ideologically in terms of how we cover the news.”
This documentary, however, exposes HuffPost’s systemic anti-Semitic bias, and its efforts to legitimize the Palestinians’ narrative, and even justify their terrorism against Jews. SaveTheWest.com examined how HuffPost covered the first ten weeks of Palestinians’ most recent wave of terrorist attacks on Jews, from September 13 through November 30, 2015. This reign of anti-Semitic terror, known as the Third Intifada, left 22 Jews dead – including three American Jews – and more than 200 injured, 21 seriously.
SaveTheWest’s examination revealed five key facts:
(1) Of the 105 Palestinian terror attacks during this period, HuffPost ignored 94 of them, meaning they never appeared on either its front page or World page, its two highest-traffic pages that deal with international news.
(2) Of the 11 stories concerning attacks that HuffPost did cover – all of which were wire service reports from the AP or Reuters – in 9 cases it manipulated either (a) the provided headline copy, to blur the distinction between Palestinian terrorists and their Jewish victims, or (b) the headline imagery, to evoke sympathy for Palestinians. In one case, it falsely implied that Israel was the aggressor. In another, it insinuated that Israeli Jews are murderous racists.
(3) Instead of reporting about the Jews who’d been murdered or injured, or their grieving loved ones, in the days after these attacks, HuffPost gave sympathetic, picture-rich coverage on its front page to stories of abused animals, sad celebrities, and an array of freakish, tabloid-style “news” items.
(4) The only sympathetic, personal pictures that HuffPost inserted into stories that appeared on its top pages about Palestinian terror attacks were of Palestinian rioters, terrorists or their grieving loved ones. (The lone exception was a picture of an African migrant who’d been mistaken for a terrorist.)
(5) In several incidents, HuffPost gave top, sustained coverage to editorials that whitewashed and legitimized the Palestinian narrative, and at least one that explicitly justified their terrorist attacks against Jews.
On December 21, 2015, SaveTheWest.com sent an inquiry to HuffPost’s media relations department regarding our key allegations. As of February 10, 2016, we received no reply.
The documentation that validates all of our allegations is contained on a special web page, savethewest.com/HuffPost3i, which also links to more than a dozen supporting pages, containing expansive research data.
This documentary was written, designed, narrated and produced by Jon Sutz. SaveTheWest’s consulting editor and videographer. Kenneth Abramowitz, founder and president of SaveTheWest, acted as executive producer.
Watch the full film for free, here and below:
For questions or comments, please email: email@example.com.