Editor: Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, President, American Center for Democracy (ACD)
See the sources for this article and more research in the Additional Reading section
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
In 1958, FBI analyst Willard Cleon Skousen published his masterpiece, The Naked Communist–Exposing Communism and Restoring Freedom. In the 1961 edition, He presented a list of the 45 goals of Communism. In 1963, this list was read into the congressional record. This seminal document has sold over two million copies worldwide.
Today, 65 years later, we at Save The West think it is time to assess the success of 15 key Communist goals listed by Skousen– and still advocated by the Russian, Chinese, and Communist parties everywhere. How much has been accomplished by them?
1) Capture one or both political parties in the US.
2) Use procedural decisions of the courts to weaken primary American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
3) Control teachers’ associations (unions) in order to indoctrinate and propagate Socialist and Communist propaganda.
5) Gain control of crucial radio, TV, and film content.
6) Continue corrupting American culture by “degrading all forms of artistic expression”. 7) Break down American traditional values and standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in magazines, newspapers, books, movies, radio, and TV.
8) Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and sexual promiscuity as normal, natural, and healthy.
11) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it “inadequate, old-fashioned, and out of step with modern needs”.
So, how did America fend against these Communists’ threats? Alas, it has largely failed.
But all is not lost.
Regarding Capitalism, for example, Americans should recall Skousen’s 15 reasons why Capitalism is better than Communism:
1) Capitalism is by far the best-known system to provide for the physical needs of people.
2) Capitalism also permits people to satisfy their spiritual needs.
4) Capitalism is naturally self-expanding.
5) Capitalism allows everyone to participate in profit-making.
7) Capitalism allows the “freedom to sell.”
8) Capitalism allows the “freedom to buy.”
11) Capitalism tends to reduce the hours of work necessary to make a living.
12) Capitalism increases the workers’ share of the national income.
13) Capitalism increases the number of jobs.
14) Capitalism promotes rapid technological advances.
15) Capitalism is the most effective system mankind discovered for “sharing wealth.”
Skousen’s thoughts are as prescient now as they were in 1958. Considering the Communists’ success, Americans should wake up and follow Skousen’s advice to save and keep their freedoms and defeat the Communists’ directives. The sooner, the better!
How Does Capitalism Make the World a Better Place? – Capitalism.com
‘Communism Taking Root in America,’ Critical Race Theory Foe Warns – DailySignal.com