Threat Analyst Ken Abramowitz is author of “The Multifront War”
Editor: Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, President, American Center for Democracy (ACD)
See the sources for this article and more research in the Additional Reading section.
Western Civilization in Peril – Ken’s Thought of the Week
Last week, we detailed the existential threats to the U.S. in our article “America’s Democracy in Peril”. Because America is the leader of the free world and the world’s superpower, Western civilization is also in peril. As discussed in The Multifront War, the Free World encompasses the 50% of the world’s population that lives in democratic countries. That includes the Western Hemisphere (excluding Cuba and Venezuela), the Christian countries in Africa, Western and Eastern Europe, India, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand, among others. Today, democratic countries everywhere are under attack by dictatorial regimes, such as China, Russia, and North Korea; the Islamist theocracies such as Iran, Turkey, Qatar and their proxies; and the ISIS/al Qaeda networks of terror organizations.
If America’s status as a superpower is damaged, would it (or could it) still send out the “cavalry” when it was needed or called? Let’s look at some recent history:
In 2015, when the Obama/Biden Administration faced the threat of Iran’s nuclear weapons program, it agreed to the JCPOA (Iran deal), and provided $150 billion to the rogue regime. Tehran used this money to finance its three worldwide terror networks: physical, political, and narco-terror. That ‘very bad deal’ with Iran was supposed to delay its nuclear enrichment program for ten years, and transform Iran into a modern, responsible state. It did not.
In 2020, the Trump administration faced the dilemma of China’s illegal abrogation of its 1984 treaty with the U.K., which guaranteed the autonomy of Hong Kong until 2047. After this 2020 takeover, the U.S. announced a series of sanctions against China, but did nothing to reverse China’s illegal occupation of Hong Kong.
The Obama and the Trump administrations watched Venezuela oppress its population and engage in narco-terrorism throughout Latin America and even extending into the U.S. But neither administration did anything significant to stop it, although Trump did enact numerous sanctions.
Now let’s look at some of the big policy dilemmas facing the new Biden administration, which is packed by individuals from the previous, distinctly unsuccessful and damaging Obama/Biden era:
1) Once again, Iran is racing to a nuclear bomb. The new administration in Washington is only two weeks old and is already back to its previously unsuccessful appeasement strategy. Influenced by Iran and Muslim Brotherhood sympathizers, it wants to reduce the ability of Saudi Arabia to defeat Iranian terror proxies in Yemen. It also wants to restrict the sale of high technology armaments to Saudi Arabia and the UAE. These sales were directly or indirectly related to the Trump-initiated Abraham accords, which encouraged the Sunni Muslim countries to protect themselves from Iran in alliance with Israel. Chance of success in blocking Iran’s nuclear path? Zero.
2) Once again, directly against the national security interests of both the U.S. and Israel, the Administration wants to resurrect the failed plans to set up a Palestinian terror state next to Israel. It also seems ready to re-engage with the Iranian and Turkish terror proxy, Hamas. Chance of success in improving the peace prospects with the Palestinian terror organizations? Zero.
3) Once again, the Administration wants to ignore the U.S. dependency on Chinese manufacturing, even allowing the communist regime to participate in our electric grid. Chance of success in improving Chinese relations while enhancing U.S. national security? Zero.
4) Once again, the Administration is confronted with the dilemma of stopping ISIS, al Qaeda, and other Islamist terrorist groups from expanding in Nigeria and other Christian democracies in Africa. Chance of success in defending the Christian populations? Zero.
5) Once again, the Administration must confront Chinese intimidation of our allies in the Pacific Ocean, particularly Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, and the Philippines, as well as our South Asia ally, India. Chance of successfully intimidating China to stop its aggressive military and economic confrontations? Zero.
6) Once again, the Administration must confront the state-sanctioned narco-terrorist groups (including Hezbollah) in the Tri-Border region of South America, as well as in Venezuela, Cuba, and Mexico. Chance of standing up to these criminal organizations, which are killing our American youth with fentanyl and other dangerous drugs? Zero.
7) Once again, the Administration must protect our Southern border from an invasion of millions of illegal aliens, drug dealers, sex traffickers, and terrorists. However, the Biden administration decided to stop the construction of the highly successful wall with Mexico, as well as reversing the immigration laws which the Trump administration had put in place that had been working so well. Chance of successfully protecting our southern border and our Southern states from this illegal invasion? Zero.
8) Once again, the Administration must strengthen NATO to protect Europe from an always aggressive Russia. Chance of intimidating the Russian Bear? Zero.
9) Once again, the Administration must manage the Afghanistan war with the Islamist terrorist Taliban and Iranian supported al-Qaeda, while protecting the Afghan government and the popular freedoms that the U.S. and its allies brought to the people. Chance of success in destroying al-Qaeda and forcing the Taliban into a genuine “peace” agreement? Zero.
10) Once again, the Biden (neo-Obama) administration is seeking to collaborate with the corrupt United Nations and its affiliated organizations, such as the ICC, UNWRA, Human Rights Council, WHO, and the UNFCCC (Paris Agreement). Chance of enhancing U.S. national or economic security? Zero.
Without a strong U.S. military and the willingness to defend ourselves and our allies, all democracies face an existential risk from our mutual enemies. Consumed by the false narratives of climate change, globalization, social justice, gender determination, and systemic racism, the Biden administration’s agenda of debunked policies is to be enforced by often-previously discredited political appointees. What is the chance this Biden administration could successfully protect the U.S. and its allies? Zero.
With this in mind, why did Biden voters choose to vote for a Presidential candidate who refused to vow to protect them from any of our numerous internal and external enemies? Is there a new contagious virus that caused millions of Americans, who ‘elected’ Biden, to mimic the behavior of whales beaching themselves?
The Multifront War – Kenneth Abramowitz
Some of the $1.5 billion cash that Obama gave to Iran traced to Iran-backed terror groups – American Thinker
China’s sudden rush to crush Hong Kong’s freedom – NYPost.com
Venezuela crushes anti-Maduro uprising at military base, hunts for 10 rebels on the run – ABC News
How Quickly Can Iran Make a Nuclear Bomb? – Scientific American
Biden administration puts a hold on Trump’s arms sale to United Arab Emirates – nbcnews.com
Biden suspends sale of advanced F-35 fighter jets to UAE – The Jerusalem Post
Biden administration pushes forward with two state solution with Israel, Palestine – Fox News
US-China relations: Biden rouses optimism among businesses in mainland manufacturing hubs
Biden Terminates Trump Order that Kept China Out of America’s Power Grid – thenewamerican.com
Biden’s order could let China control U.S. electric grid – msn.com
Under Jihadi Siege, Christians in West Africa Are Praying for a Miracle – DailySignal.co
Hezbollah: The World’s Leading Narco-Terrorist Organization – CenterforSecurityPolicy.org