Since the brutal murder of George Floyd by a white police officer, the peaceful protests that erupted in America have spread all over the world. These protests were quickly superseded by violent attacks by anarchists, communists, socialists, and Islamists. In England, a statue of British Prime Minister Winston Churchill was attacked more than once and numerous violent incidents were reported by various hooligans during protests in London. In Mexico, the US Embassy was vandalized and a police officer in Guadalajara was set on fire. In Greece, protesters pelted stones and threw firebombs outside of the US Embassy, while clashing with police officers on site.
This comes after violent agitators temporarily overtook an entire downtown district in Seattle, waged an anti-Semitic attack in Los Angeles, murdered a retired African American police officer, attacked a statue honoring Abraham Lincoln and vandalized and looted numerous stores and restaurants, as well as countless other historic treasures in the United States. In fact, even statues of Jesus Christ and Francis Scott Key, who wrote the Star-Spangled Banner, America’s national anthem, were not spared. Neither were countless churches and synagogues.
On the eve of American Independence Day, U.S. President Donald Trump stated in a speech at Mount Rushmore, “Our Nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities.”
The question remains, have America’s “race riots” now spread to the Jewish state? Around the same time that the Black Lives Matters and Antifa riots erupted in America, there were also riots in Jaffa, protesting plans to build a homeless shelter on top of a vacated former Muslim cemetery. The violent agitators set a municipality building on fire and a nearby truck was also damaged, although those protests have since subsided.
Nevertheless, the violent incitement that exists in the Arab sector creates a fertile breeding ground for unrest. KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov explained in 1984 that democratic societies can be undermined if a foreign actor indoctrinates young people in schools, only to place them in a position of influence 20 or 30 years into the future. David Bedein, who heads the Center for Near East Policy Research, claims that the UNRWA schoolbooks that are in use in Eastern Jerusalem and are exported to Muslim schools abroad “support murder and other acts of violence against Jews, in addition to treating Jews as subhuman.”
However, incitement among Israeli Arabs is not the only threat to the Jewish state, as radical leftist indoctrination in Israeli schools and universities by the New Israel Fund also creates a fertile breeding ground for domestic unrest. In an exclusive interview, Dr. Mordechai Kedar explained: “Look, what happened in America definitely could happen in Israel. There are all kinds of groups with all kinds of grievances. Each group that is marginalized can be encouraged by this phenomenon.” Following proper indoctrination, these people with “grievances” can rise to a position of influence in the universities, the media and even the government, undermining the country from within.
This already took place in America. Jonah Cohen recently stated in a CAMERA webinar titled “Anti-Israel indoctrination in the school curriculum” that young Americans are being educated to hate Israel and that such education contributed to causing the riots and the emergence of the so-called “cancel culture” that we see now in the US: “When students learn that Israel and America are based on racism and colonialism, there are some who will act out on that.”
Matan Peleg, CEO of Im Tirtzu, told the Jewish Press: “A quarter a million walk down Rothschild Boulevard in September and not a window was broken in the past. But now, there are stones being thrown on shops and homes.” Furthermore, a topless woman stood on top of a statue of a menorah, waving Antifa imagery and there are reports that journalists have also been attacked. They also waved “Palestinian flags” and yelled out the slander of “crime minister.” Although there is no evidence of a direct connection between the Israeli Black Flag protesters and Antifa or BLM, Peleg argued that they have nevertheless imported the symbols, the flag and the same attitude from abroad, acknowledging that doing such things is not typical Israeli behavior.
Nevertheless, there are concrete measures that the State of Israel can take to ensure that Israeli citizens will not be inspired by the violence of BLM and Antifa in America, and attempt to further encourage anarchist riots here:
(1) Remove the UNRWA and PA curriculum from all schools in Eastern Jerusalem and other areas in Judea and Samaria in Area C. These schools should be run by Israel under its Arab curriculum. This way, young Arabs who live in or near the Jewish state will be taught to coexist with Israel in elementary, middle, and high schools, rather than fight against Israel.
(2) Remove all imams who incite against Israel from their positions in mosques within the areas that Israel administers and replace them with moderate Israeli Arab imams, who seek to cooperate with Israel.
(3) Make it impossible for radical leftist NGOs that encourage unrest and disturbances to continue to operate by making it impossible for them to receive donations from abroad. This way, foreign governments will not be able to utilize these NGOs to disturb the peace locally.
(4) Ensure that all Israeli Jewish schools and universities teach citizens of the Jewish state to respect its history, culture, and national heritage, so that no “cancel culture” can take root here in the future. Make sure that radical leftists are not hired for such positions. A nationalist education for the country’s youth is of critical importance to the survival of the Jewish state.
(5) Ensure that all ancient Jewish heritage sites in Judea and Samaria fall under Israeli jurisdiction under Trump’s peace plan, as the Jewish advocacy group Safeguarding Eternity has called for. The Palestinian Authority cannot be trusted to safeguard Jewish heritage sites, as they demonstrated during their administration of Joseph’s Tomb. Furthermore, a nation that does not value the preservation of its own history can descend into a cancel culture, which seeks to erase its history. Therefore, the State of Israel should do everything in its power to preserve Jewish heritage sites.
(6) Despite the existence of the pandemic, encourage Israelis to pray and maintain their faith. As Ryan Mauro of the Clarion Project stated in an exclusive interview, “If you don’t believe in G-d, it becomes nearly impossible to believe that America or Israel or any country or people can be have a divine purpose. This is not a supremacist belief–it is simply an expansion of the idea that every life has meaning and was created by G-d with a purpose in mind. If G-d intends for you to play a role–one that only you can fulfill, since literally no one else will have the same circumstances as you—then surely God has special purposes for nations.
Whether we choose to fulfill that purpose is another question. All these dangerous ideologies–Islamism, white supremacism, anarchism, communism, socialism–can only grow if we lose faith in our country. We are in a constant ideological struggle. As of right now, I do not believe the trend is in favor of the U.S.’ long-term survival. It is more likely that the U.S. will either enter permanent political paralysis and remain united in name only, or actually split apart. Each extreme will fuel a counterpart extreme. Anti-type anarchists and communists and Islamist extremists are fueled by white supremacists, and vice versa. Each serve as the vindication for the other’s existence. This is the ultimate outcome of what I’ve been calling the ‘War of the Extremes,’ unless it is reversed by a backlash of patriotism and desire for decency and pragmatism.” If Israel does not want to end up like the US, religiosity among Israelis should be encouraged, despite the trying times that we live in.
(7) Ensure that the police behave in a proper manner. Accidently killing an autistic Palestinian man around the same time that the BLM protests erupted in America has led to much propaganda being disseminated against the State of Israel, drawing parallels between the African American community and the Arab community in Judea and Samaria. Additionally, during times like this, building a homeless shelter on top of a former Muslim cemetery might not be the most prudent move to make, for it can unnecessarily lead to the eruption of riots and other disturbances.
(8) Whenever disturbances and riots erupt in the Jewish state, quickly put them down. Do not let things spiral out of control. As Dershowitz proclaimed, “The Jewish people will get peace only through strength. We have seen that proved throughout history. Weak Jews with morality on their side end up in gas chambers. Strong Jews end up fighting back.” In other words, any demonstrations that turn violent or utilize Antifa/BLM tactics must be quickly quelled. Antifa should also be declared a terror organization in Israel, so that the demonstrators here will be discouraged from following in their footsteps.
(9) Go on the offensive in the public relations arena and start advertising that Israel is a country that has reclaimed its historic homeland, where it has lived for 3800 years. Abroad, ignorance of this fact encourages parallels between American colonialism and the State of Israel, which encourages the delegitimization of the State of Israel. If this fact becomes better known, it may decrease anti-Israel sentiment in the West and will reinforce Israeli nationalism, by encouraging us be proud of our history instead of ashamed of it. A strong proud nation is less likely to be overrun by anarchists. In order to better coordinate Israel’s message, the Prime Minister should appoint a Director of Cultural Security (DCS) to constantly highlight the positive aspects of Israel’s culture and the negative aspects of Israel’s enemies.
Arabs set fire to municipality building
Cars set alight over plans to build homeless shelter on top of Muslim cemetery
G-d is dead: Rioters vandalize churches and synagogues
Is the future of the US Jewish community threatened
Jewish group wants remote ruins included in sovereignty bid
Palestinian lives matter: Israeli police killing of autistic man draws US comparisons
Protesters, police clash outside US Embassy in Greece
The Movement to Destroy a Nation
Trump accuses protesters of wanting to wipe out our history
Winston Churchill statue attacked again
Rachel Avraham is a political analyst working for the Safadi Center for International Diplomacy, Research, Public Relations and Human Rights, which is run by Mendi Safadi, a former Likud Candidate for the Knesset and a former chief of staff of former Israeli Communication Minister Ayoob Kara. Since 2012, she has been working as an Israel-based journalist and writer, covering Iran, Kurdistan, Turkey, Iraq, Syria, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and other developments in the greater Islamic world.
Her articles have appeared in the Washington Times, the Hill, Front Page Magazine, the Daily Wire, the Christian Post, the Baltimore Jewish Times, the Jerusalem Post, Israel Hayom, Ahval and many other publications across the globe. She received her MA in Middle Eastern Studies from Ben-Gurion University. She got her BA in Government and Politics with minors in Jewish Studies and Middle Eastern Studies from the University of Maryland at College Park.
A country that does not know how to effectively defend itself on all fronts is disappearing from the world map. To avoid this, it is necessary: 1) This requires a clear and strict political will. 2) Remove all leftists, communists and anarchists from the education system (for example, Erdogan) 3) patriotic education of youth 4) A real fight against corruption 5) Remove all leftists from the system of law enforcement agencies and justice 6) control the election of mayors – do not allow leftists into power.
Comments are closed.