By Ken Abramowitz, founder and president, SaveTheWest.com
We are strong, so strong, really strong! And improving, thanks to nearly $100 billion of extra spending in 2019. And our 2018 national defense strategy (full document here) properly calls for “sharpening the American military’s competitive edge,” as the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) described it.
For example, here is a 3-minute excerpt of Secretary of Defense James Mattis testifying before Congress on May 9, 2018, focusing on the escalating threat posed by the Iran to the U.S. and our allies (full testimony here). As a reminder, here is Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khatamei, promising “death to America!” in March 2015, while he was in the final stages of “negotiating” the nuclear weapons “deal” with President Obama:
Our national defense strategy also correctly states that we must integrate multiple elements of national power-diplomacy — information, economics, finance, intelligence, law enforcement, and military assets — into into our defensive infrastructure.
So what’s the problem?
The problem is that the Department of Defense (DOD) has not broadened its sights enough to look at the even larger picture! For example, there is no mention of:
- The necessity of border walls with both Mexico and Canada
- Ending illegal immigration
- Defeating narco-terrorists and cultural terrorists
- Rejuvenating the Monroe Doctrine, and defending our interests in Latin America from an invasion of Iranians, as well as Russians, Chinese, and Turks
- Protecting Christians worldwide, now that Christians are the number one persecuted minority in the world
- The Muslim Brotherhood (Turkey, Qatar) or the Wahhabis (Saudi Arabia) as cultural terror organizations
Our military is in the good hands of dedicated patriots, who are working hard 24-7 to adjust to new threats.
Unfortunately, threats are multiplying faster than our national security agencies can cope with.
Let’s get going, our noble warriors!!
Additional viewing & reading