By Ken Abramowitz, founder and president, SaveTheWest.com
The United Kingdom (U.K.), comprised of England, Ireland and Scotland, is preparing for an internal debate as to whether to leave the European Union (E.U.) and its 27-nation trade zone, and its Brussels-based bureaucracy. The government led by Prime Minister Teresa May will seek Parliamentary approval before Christmas.
The “divorce document,” reportedly some 400 pages long, is to be released soon.
The E.U. was in no mood to make it easy for U.K., out of concern that other member countries might also leave.
Does the success or non-success of Brexit matter to U.S. national security? Yes.
Do everyday Americans care? Not really. So why does Brexit matter to us?
Brexit matters to the U.S. for several reasons:
(1) The U.S. needs to coordinate our national security activities with those of the U.K.’s, so our various agencies can work together for our mutual benefit.
(2) The U.K., comprising 65 million proud people, should be able to stand on its own legs as an independent, sovereign entity, responsible to the democratic will of its citizens — and only its citizens.
(3) The U.K. has close relations with former Commonwealth countries, and strong US allies, including Canada and India.
(4) In particular, we want all such countries to succeed through greater cooperation and trade agreements.
(5) The U.K. is our mother country, in which English is the primary language spoken.
The E.U., in contrast, is in big trouble, but fails or refuses to even acknowledge it. The E.U. bureaucracy is un-elected, yet passes regulations that infringe the sovereignty of its 27 member countries:
(1) The E.U’s largest mistake was allowing in nearly 2 million immigrants to enter member countries in the past several years, but never conditioning entry on their knowledge or acceptance of the common laws of Europe, and embracing traditional Western ideals. The results of the tragic mistake — and the E.U.’s bending over backwards in appeasement — have been documented (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) and are getting worse by the day. See more in the Additional Reading section, at the end of this article.
(2) Consequently , tensions between these two often clashing idea(L)s, sometimes manifests into competing cultures — has risen dramatically in recent years, and will continue to do so over the next 5-10 years, as immigrant population in the E.U. grows 3-5%,while the host population declines annually.
(3) The E.U. devotes only 2% of its GDP for national defense, vs 4% for the U.S. The E.U. can barely protect itself from either Russia or political Islam.
If the U.K. stays in the E.U., it will die with the E.U.. Therefore, the U.K. must succeed with Brexit, through either a negotiated settlement, or total break.
The transition will be rocky in either case, from the short-term point of view. But long-term, the U.K. and its people will be independent, proud, and sovereign again. The short-term pain will prove to be well worth it in the long run!
Europe’s Civilizational Exhaustion – Gatestone Institute
European Imams call for murder of Jews – Israel National News
European human rights chiefs order British press NOT to reveal when terrorists are Muslims – Daily Mail Online
Defaming Prophet Muhammed not free expression: ECHR
European Anti-Racist Org Calls on Britain to Censor Press – Clarion Project
We Could Have Seen Europe’s Muslim Rape Crisis Coming – The Investigative Project on Terrorism
Germany, Austria: Imams Warn Muslims Not to Integrate – Gatestone Institute
Refugee acquitted of rape ‘as he has different cultural norms’ – His female victim attempted suicide – Voice of Europe
Paris: Arab man beat elderly Jew, shouted ‘Allahu akhbar!’ – Israel National News
Belgium: The First Islamic State in Europe? – Gatestone Institute
Sweden Is Burning: Migrant Gangs Unleash Coordinated Fire-Bomb Rampage Across Multiple Cities – Zero Hedge
Sweden: Hate Speech Just for Imams – Gatestone Institute
How Sweden has stopped its citizens discussing the refugee influx – Daily Mail Online
Teenager Who Escaped ISIS Slavery Says Her Captor Found Her in Germany and Police Didn’t Do Anything – Newsweek
A Month of Islam and Multiculturalism in Germany: March 2018 – Gatestone Institute
Finland on the brink after arrest of Afghan asylum seeker for rape of 14-year-old girl – Daily Mail Online