By Ken Abramowitz, founder and president, SaveTheWest.com
Who are America’s enemies? Who are our friends? Who are our competitors? Who is rational? Who is irrational? How do we negotiate? Should we negotiate? Do we want to win? Or tie? Do they want to win? Or tie?
The key point: We as Americans have to ask ourselves these questions every day, and then focus our energy in the right way, and on the right fronts! So how are we doing?
On the positive front:
1) The Trump administration’s negotiations with China took place in Argentina and seemed to progress, aided by a 90-day grace period for the negotiators to resolve differences. So far, so good, as China is a rational adversary.
2) Negotiations could have begun with Russia, but Russia is holding three ships and 24 Ukrainian sailors for trying to pass through the straits in Crimea, though which Ukraine had had the right of passage. President Trump wisely canceled the formal meeting with President Putin due to this outrage.
3) Trump is also making it difficult for “caravans” of foreign nationals to illegally enter U.S. territory. Good job! [Note: See SaveTheWest’s deep analysis of key issues regarding the “caravans” in Jon Sutz’s recent special report: “Who benefits from the lies being spread about the ‘caravans’?”]
- The Trump administration is trying to negotiate with the evil Taliban in Afghanistan, and the evil Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen. No chance!
- As a result of the socialist transformation of Venezuela from a prosperous, relatively free nation into an economic basket case, one million of its citizens have fled to Colombia, without much U.S. comment.
- Canada is importing anti-West Islamists, without much U.S. comment.
- China is taking over an old U.S. Air Force base in Portugal’s Azores, without much U.S. comment.
- Airbnb has adopted a shockingly anti-Semitic policy relative to Judea & Samaria (the “West Bank”), without serious comments or actions by the U.S. government.
In net, this is no way to conduct serious negotiations!
The Administration must stay strong on all issues simultaneously, if it wants to be taken seriously by our enemies and adversaries. Time to coordinate negotiations and relationships with a common strategy! And now!! Get going!!