Editor: Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, President, American Center for Democracy (ACD)
See the sources for this article and more research in the Additional Reading section
Quote of the Week:
We hear deliberate leaks about the new Iranian nuclear deal between the eager United States and playing hard-to-get Iran every week. According to the U.S. Department of State, Iran is the #1 State Sponsor of Terrorism. The theocratic Iranian constitution promises to spread its version of Shiite Islamism worldwide. Iran runs the largest terror organization in the world, with several hundred thousand terrorists operating in its three arms: physical terror, narco-terror, and cultural terror. Why are the U.S. and other western nations negotiating with a terrorist state bent on achieving worldwide domination, promising “Death to America” and “Death to Israel”?
1) The U.S. government has no business negotiating with terrorists. Doing so gives legitimacy to the authoritarian government, allowing it to oppress its citizens and terrorize the world because it will not restrict Iran’s worldwide terrorist activities.
2) An agreement would endanger America’s Middle Eastern allies: Israel and the Sunni Moslem countries.
3) An agreement would endanger America’s Latin American and African allies, where Iran is accelerating the construction of military bases, its narco-terrorist organizations, and its cultural institutions that spew their false narratives.
4) According to the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD), such an agreement would give Iran $275 billion in the first year and a total of $1 trillion over ten years.
5) Iran is now spending about $3-$5 billion annually to support its terror proxies in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, and Gaza. It would use the billions of dollars it would get to double or triple its terrorist funding.
6) The agreement would endanger America’s Far East allies, as Iran collaborates with North Korea and China on developing its nuclear weapons technology and missile delivery systems.
7) The agreement would endanger our European allies, who would have to invest massive amounts of money in missile defense systems to protect themselves from Iranian attacks.
9) The agreement would free Iran from its responsibility to compensate America for Iranian complicity in the 9/11 al Qaeda attacks on America and Americans, including the 3,000 victims.
10) The agreement would also forgo Iran’s responsibility for hostage-taking and assassinations, domestically and around the world.
11) The agreement would be a gift to Russia, allowing it to bypass western country sanctions.
12) The agreement would force the U.S. military to invest massively in missile defense to protect from a potential Iranian attack on the U.S. mainland within 5-10 years.
13) Iran has never kept its promises. Yet, this agreement would be based on the ridiculous premise that Iran would keep its promises until the sunset provisions expire around 2030.
15) Such an agreement cannot possibly be ratified by 67% of the Senate, which would render it moot. More likely, the administration will complete the deal by signing an executive order, which, in effect, would be illegal.
16) The agreement would, in effect, transform the U.S. government into the largest state-sponsor of terrorism that the world has ever seen.
Instead of pursuing this harmful agreement, the U.S. government must immediately and massively step up a strict sanctions regime to bankrupt Iran within 6-12 months. If that fails, the U.S. government must use force to destroy Iran’s nuclear sites to save America from the existential threat of Iranian nuclear attacks.
To all our Jewish readers,
Nuclear Iran tops threats to Israel, allies, AJC head says – clevelandjewishnews.com
FDD | Iran Nuclear – FDD.org
While North Korea and Iran collaborate, China covers up – The Daily Caller
Iran Hostage Crisis: Victims Get Compensation 36 Years Later – ABCNews.go.com
US judge: Iran must pay $6bn to victims of 9/11 attacks -September 11 News | Al Jazeera
European missile defence: a Russian self-fulfilling prophecy – The Strategist
Study: Iran Terror Funding Gets $4.8 Billion Boost Under Nuke Deal – FreeBeacon.com