By Ken Abramowitz, President & Founder, SaveTheWest
See the sources for this article and more research in the Additional Reading section.
The Trump administration has called for “maximum pressure on Iran” for nearly 2 years, to cause the terror-sponsoring regime to change its “malign” behavior. The administration has proposed 12 changes that Iran should make to join the family of nations.
Recent protests for civil rights broke out in 100 Iranian cities, and an estimated 1,000 protesters were killed. Thousands more were arrested. However, the theocratic totalitarian regime remains in control, as does its worldwide terror organization, which it uses to “export” its messianic Islamist revolution. So what should we do?
The administration’s “maximum pressure” campaign is only in its 3rd inning. It’s now time to move to the 6th inning, on our way to the 9th inning. Here’s how:
- We should engage, contain, and dismantle the worldwide Iranian terror empire, which includes three distinct terror organizations, spanning physical, narco, and cultural terror.
- We have numerous options to use over the next year or so, until the Iranian regime is bankrupt, an event that could, finally, lead to regime change.
- Economically, we should seek to close Iranian-backed Hezbollah’s narco-terror organization, particularly in Latin America and West Africa.
- We should cut off worldwide trade with Iran, by telling our trading partners, you can deal with us, or with Iran — but not both, and cutting off all trade with countries that seek to do both.
- Culturally, as the Belgium government has done, the U.S. should outlaw Iranian sponsorship of mosques, madrassas and Islamic centers to prevent Islamist radicalization. Research shows they are terror-related political institutions, rather than religious institutions. The same phenomenon has been discovered elsewhere in Europe, where several governments have taken similar actions regarding Saudi-controlled mosques, schools and Islamic centers. The U.S. could recommend doing the same in African and Latin American countries.
- Physically, we should move more military assets to the Persian Gulf region, and prepare for a continuous low-level military engagement, as Israel does so well.
- We should employ constant cyber-attacks to sabotage and paralyze Iran’s nuclear weapons and missile development projects.
- Within Iran, we should arm the 50% of the population that are not Persians, eventually dividing the nation in half.
- Diplomatically, we should strive to throw Iran out of the U.N., for preaching genocide against us, as its “supreme leader” chanted, during nuclear negotiations with President Obama, “Death to America!!!”
- Eventually, we should set up a war crimes tribunal to investigate Iran’s leaders’ crimes against humanity, both against the U.S., as well as its own citizens.
It’s time to turn up the heat, to prevent the all-out physical war that we’re heading to, if the Iranian regime is not stopped.