By Ken Abramowitz and Jon Sutz
Ken Abramowitz is the President and Founder of SaveTheWest. Jon Sutz is SaveTheWest’s consulting editor and videographer.
By abruptly calling off a modest retaliatory military action against Iran, after its military shot down a $240 million U.S. surveillance drone, flying in international waters, on June 19, President Trump displayed a rare act of indecision. Using good instincts and logic, he substituted a cyber-attack on Iranian military sites instead.
The President continues to seek negotiations with Iran, and has repeatedly professed his lack of desire for a physical war with Iran, even though Iran declared war on America 40 years ago, its leaders repeatedly leading public chants of, “Death to America!” vowing to kill all Americans — even during their “negotiations” with President Obama, over its nuclear “deal”:
So how should America confront our number one enemy, Iran? Here are nine steps:
(1) We should finally accept that we are, in fact, in a state of war with Iran, and have been for a very long time — especially since its rulers were determined by the 9/11 Commission and numerous U.S. federal courts to have provided material support to Al Qaeda to perpetrate the 9/11 attacks. Before that, in 1979 Iran kidnapped American embassy personnel in Tehran, and held them hostage for 444 days. Via its proxy, Hezbollah, Iran murdered 241 U.S. military personnel in Beirut, Lebanon in 1983. And Iran has helped to murder more than one thousand American soldiers in the Middle East since 9/11, and even put a $1,000 bounty on the heads of dead U.S. soldiers, as an incentive to other terrorists to murder them. These were all acts of war, to which the U.S. has never responded, militarily. For a detailed background on Iran’s long history of terrorism against the U.S. and its allies, please see this research resource for a special report by SaveTheWest:
Background on Iran, and the reasons behind opposition to the nuclear deal – by Jon Sutz, SaveTheWest
(2) We should decide that winning is the only solution.
(3) We should work relentlessly to educate Americans on all pertinent facts concerning this conflict — and why President Obama’s “deal” with the Iranian regime, which its rulers never even signed, was “sold” to us based on lies, and primarily benefited only the IRGC and Hezbollah terrorists.
(4) We should focus on employing non-military tactics, as President Reagan and his predecessors did during the Cold War, to undermine, and ultimately defeat our enemy.
(5) We should be prepared for physical war – as we did in World War 2, and the Cold War.
(6) We should seek regime change for the theo-totalitarian “government” that not only rules Iran, but also the world’s largest global network of terrorists, comprised of the IRGC, Hezbollah, Hamas and untold numbers of supporting groups, spanning territory from the U.S. mainland, Mexico, Central & South America, to Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and beyond.
(7) We should stop the money flow to each of Iran’s worldwide terror operations, by stopping Iran’s inflow of cash. A crucial element of this will be to choke off all remaining forms of business transactions between Iran and our European “allies,” as President Trump is now doing — presenting them with a choice: they can either do business in Iran, or America, but not both. Update, June 24: In reaction to President Trump’s latest round of sanctions, Iran’s parliament erupted in chants of “Death To America!”: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’ – Reuters
(8) We must use all forms of warfare – physical/kinetic, cyber/space, economic, legal and cultural – to destroy Iran’s networks of physical terrorists, narco-terrorists and cultural terrorists throughout the world.
(9) We must expose and discredit any person or organization of influence on U.S. soil who repeats demonstrably false Iranian anti-American propaganda — most recently, Congresswomen Maxine Waters and Ilhan Omar.
Winning the cyber/space war, the economic, legal, cultural and demographic warfare, would make physical war unnecessary. In net, it is time to create a comprehensive, worldwide strategy to crush Iran’s global terrorist networks.
We are facing a very determined enemy, that thinks long-term, understands and exploits our weaknesses, and unlike the USSR, is driven by a messianic global motivations, rendering the MAD (mutually-assured destruction) deterrent irrelevant.
Our governments’ best and the brightest will be tested to create a path to victory.
We trust they will rise to the occasion, and design a winning strategy.
Strait of Hormuz: US confirms drone shot down by Iran – BBC News
Iran’s involvement in the 9/11 attacks, and its long-term support for Al Qaeda – SaveTheWest
Iran Is Responsible for More Than 1,000 American Military Deaths Since 9/11 – National Review
Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban – NBC News
Background on Iran, and the reasons behind opposition to the nuclear deal – SaveTheWest
Ronald Reagan’s Subtle Grand Strategy – The National Interest
A stunning profile of Ben Rhodes, the asshole who is the president’s foreign policy guru – Foreign Policy
White House admits it played us for fools to sell Iran deal – NY Post
Obama took lying to new heights with the Iran deal – Washington Post
State Department: Iran NEVER SIGNED nuclear deal and it’s not binding | Daily Mail Online
The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook – Politico
Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) – UANI
Iran’s Long, Bloody History of Terror and Espionage in Europe – RealClearDefense
Hizballah – The Investigative Project on Terrorism
HAMAS – The Investigative Project on Terrorism
Iranian-Backed ‘Sleeper Cell’ Militants Hibernating in U.S., Positioned for Attack – Washington Free Beacon
Iran Has Sleeper Cells in U.S. Ready to Attack – Clarion Project
Iran-backed Hezbollah & IRGC worldwide operations, including at the U.S. southern border, Mexico, Central & South America – SaveTheWest
Desperate For Allies and Secret Assets, Iran Penetrates Africa – The Tower
Trump Admin to Sanction Iran’s Last European Lifeline – Washington Free Beacon
Maxine Waters takes Iran’s side in drone shootdown – HotAir
Media Ignore Ilhan Omar Calling America War-Mongers Over Iran Downing U.S. Drone – NewsBusters
Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’ – Reuters
Ahmadinejad and the Mahdi – Middle East Quarterly
Khamenei Announces Goals of 2nd Phase Of Islamic Revolution – MEMRI